After graduating from Wellesley College in 1966 and receiving her MBA from UNH in 1983, she established a consulting business to help computerize accounting functions for small businesses. After living in Kennebunkport, Maine for 25 years, she and her husband Warren moved to Jackson, NH in 1996. She enjoys skiing (downhill and cross country), biking, kayaking, pickleball and hiking.
Terry was born and raised in Bath, Maine. He is a retired endodontist who practiced in Maine and New Hampshire. His wife Jean is a retired dental hygienist and avid artist. He has owned a home on Mill Street for 35 years and is now a full time resident of Jackson. He has three grown children--Paige,Jackson and Leigh and anEnglish Springer named Champney! His interests include golf, art and family activities.
Huntley was born and raised in North Conway, and then moved to Jackson in 1988. He has been the “local plumber” for more than 30 years. Along with being a member of the board of the Jackson Historical Society, Huntley serves on the Planning Board and the Zoning Board of Adjustment. Biking is his favorite pastime in the warmer months and cross country skis in the winter.
Jackie and her husband, Tom, bought a second home in Jackson in 2020, after visiting the area and looking for a house for over 20 years. She currently teaches programming courses at Bentley University in Waltham, Massachusetts. She is also involved in the Friends of the Jackson Public Library Programming Committee. As a landowner, Jackie has learned how to cross country ski and spents time working on her inside greenhouse.
Martha and her husband Ben live on a property in Jackson bought by Ben's grandparents in the early 1930s where they raised their three children, alongside a remarkable dog who was with them for 17 years. Martha recently retired from the Berlin Public Schools where she was the Director of Special Education. There she learned the value of flexibility and perseverance. With a generous grant donation from CMFkids, she started a small food-service business for Berlin students aged 17 to 22 where they apply what they learn in school to every aspect of this small business. Martha enjoys all the great outdoor activities offered in and around the Mount Washington Valley.
Wendy has been coming to Jackson to enjoy skiing and hiking since 1964 and has climbed all 4,000 footers. Jackson became her permanent residence in 2004. Before moving here, she worked at Prudential Connecticut Realty for 20 years. Wendy is a Deacon at the Jackson Community Church, member and former president of the Mountain Garden Club. She has been active with the Jackson Historical Society since 2005 and has organized several fund-raisers and events inclding the annual JHS Art Exhibit and Sale. She and husband John have two sons and five great grandkids!
Alice arrived in Jackson when she was four weeks old in 1928. Alice’s interest in the history of Jackson began while she was researching her mother’s ancestry, which includes the early Jackson settlers, Isaac and Olive Dearborn and Daniel and Hannah Elkins. Alice edited her mother Doris Fernald Cotton’s book “Letters to my Grandchildren-Memories of Jackson”; and researched and authored “The Oldest Houses in Jackson”, and “A History of Jackson New Hampshire 1771–1940,” all of which are published by the Jackson Historical Society.
Anne’s family built a home on Eagle Mountain in 1965. Her career was in the field of environmental assessment and compliance. Anne is an Advisor for the Bartlett Historical Society. In addition to her interest in history, old houses and salvaging old “stuff”, she is a birdwatcher, skier, and enjoys reading and doing her own home repair. Anne lives in Intervale with her wife, retired Bartlett Police Chief, Hadley Champlin.
Stephen and his wife Tish Hanlon live in a home that they built near Dundee Road. Stephen and his brother Michael have owned and operated Tamarack Construction Company, which islocated in the landmark Davis Barn on Black Mountain Road, for almost 40 years. Their business is located in the landmark Davis Barn on Black Mountain Road. Tamarack has been involved in several historic projects in Jackson including the transformation of the Trickey Barn into the Jackson Public Library. Stephen looks forward to sharing his knowledge of the people, places, and historic structures of Jackson through the Jackson Historical Society.
Dawson is the Marketing and Communication Director at Tin Mountain Conservation Center. Previously, shw worked in marketing and communications at DuPont and Agilent. Her love of New Hampshire stems from her Winch ancestors from Langdon, New Hampshire and from her time working for the AMC huts. She enjoys traveling, hiking, skiing, gardening and spending time with friends.